Friday, September 3, 2010

September Challenge

I like music.

The Dukes of Hazzard television series had a great theme song.

I have a version of this song on a CD as performed by the band 'Weezer'. It is a great cover and it always makes me happy everytime I listen to it.

"Someday the mountain might get 'em, but the law never will."

One thing I love about music is the way it can affect your mood, remind you of a certain memory or help you to communicate something that can't be said in just words.

So your challenge for the month of September is this:

1) Make a card the uses paper PIECING, and
2) Make a card that is inspired by your favourite song or piece of music

That's it. Challenging enough, I think. I hope you have fun with this one! Can't wait to see what you create.

2 comments:

  1. Talk about a challenge!! I seriously have NO IDEA what my favorite song/music is...but I LOVE music. And it really is such a huge part of our every day here...so I guess I'll have to start paying a little bit more attention to what stuff really means a lot to me. Love it! Such a good challenge...and I totally need to get the Weezer cover from you! I love the Dukes and I love Weezer...how did I not know about this??? You are so awesome! Thanks for the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun challenge. I usually like to listen to music as I make cards. But this time I had a reason to repeat my favourite song over and over and over again while I got crafty.

    ReplyDelete